Join us for an episode featuring Carl Touhey and Jason Allen, where we discuss a specific real estate investment type that has proven to perform well during economic downturns. We delve into the distinctive features that make it resilient during recessions, share excellent tips for underwriting, and explore the potential it has that’s available for you. Tune in!
WHAT TO LISTEN FOR
- What could happen in the next phase of the economic cycle
- The truth behind the prices of properties listed on the market today
- Opinions on the current state of the economy and the future of interest rates
- Underwriting Tips and lessons learned in the self-storage industry
- Greatest opportunities for self-storage investors to grab and capitalize
- Resolution Trust Corporation: https://www.federalregister.gov/agencies/resolution-trust-corporation
- Self Storage Association: https://www.selfstorage.org/
- Ep127: 7 Things Self-Storage Investors Must Do to Prepare for the Recession – Part 1: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ep127-7-things-self-storage-investors-must-do-to-prepare/id1507427005?i=1000611406431
- Ep128: 7 Things Self-Storage Investors Must Do to Prepare for the Recession – Part 2: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ep128-7-things-self-storage-investors-must-do-to-prepare/id1507427005?i=1000612288875
ABOUT CARL TOUHEY AND JASON ALLEN
Carl E. Touhey is the President and co-founder of Performance Self Storage Group Inc. He began his real estate career in 1986, selling investment real estate in Phoenix, Arizona. With a family background in self-storage, he ventured into the industry in 1992, acquiring five facilities over two years. Known for his expertise in turning around “problem” properties, Touhey has brokered over $1 billion in storage assets and is recognized as one of the industry’s top sales and acquisitions specialists.
Jason “Jay” Allen is the Vice President and co-founder of Performance Self Storage Group Inc. He began his real estate career in 1997, working with Carl Touhey to conduct feasibility studies and property evaluations. Over time, he developed an extensive database of self-storage properties. Since 2004, Allen has worked as a broker in various real estate classes, focusing on self-storage since 2006. He specializes in self-storage brokerage, investment, syndication, management, and marketing. With a hand in over $1 billion worth of successful self-storage transactions, Allen provides brokerage and consulting services to self-storage investors across the country. He is recognized as a true expert in the field.
CONNECT WITH CARL AND JASON
- Website: Performance Self Storage Group: https://www.performanceselfstoragegroup.com/
- LinkedIn: Carl Touhey: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carl-touhey-19384b/ | Jason Allen: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jay-allen-446a238/
CONNECT WITH US
Subscribe! so you never miss a NEW episode! Leave us an honest rating and review on Apple Podcast.